During its first decade, Ecobanking received limited support of donors and international partners such as the AVINA Foundation, the Tinker Foundation, the Financial Initiative of the Program of the United Nations Environment Program UNEP- FI and the German Cooperation, GIZ.
The INCAE is a private, non-profit, higher-education, multinational institution dedicated to teaching and research in the field of administration and the economy – training and educating, from a global perspective, individuals capable of successfully taking on top management positions in Latin America.
The INCAE was founded in 1964 through an initiative by the business community and Central American governments; from that time to the present it has received advice from Harvard University’s School of Business.
The INCAE currently has three key activities:
- Master’s programs in essential areas for Latin American development
- Executive training programs and seminars
- Research projects favoring competitiveness in the region. The INCAE has an applied approach that combines best practices and world’s knowledge frontiers with the Latin American reality and setting.
From January 1, 2011, GIZ concentrated competence and long experience of the DED, GTZ and InWEnt in a single organization. The company headquarter is in Bonn and Eschborn.
The GIZ supports efficiently, effectively and in accordance to the needs of individuals and societies in developing countries, transition and industrialized countries in their efforts to develop its own perspectives and improve the living conditions of people in developing countries and transition.
The object and purpose of the GIZ is to promote international cooperation for sustainable development and international education field.
Commissioned by the German Federal Government, the GIZ promotes international cooperation and international educational as follows:
- Taking action on the part of the official development technical cooperation;
- Sending aid workers as recognized service organization for development cooperation;
- Implementing other measures of international cooperation;
- Executing contracts of other principals prior approval of the German Federal Government.
The GIZ in the world
- The GIZ is active in over 130 countries around the world.
- The company has presence in almost all Länder.
- Worldwide, the company employs about 17,000 employees; of these people, over 60% are national staff.